Peak Financial Solutions held a client appreciation dinner at the Carroll Shelby Heritage Center on September 21, 2015. Imagine a setting where you’re eating fabulous BBQ by Trailhound Smokers and you’re surrounded by $60 million in historic automobiles. American Funds gave us a quick update on the stock market. We had a great tour of the shop where they perform all the magic on their cars.
Some interesting facts I learned:
- The first Shelby Cobra built is worth $26 million. At least that was the highest offer they had received on that historic car.
- Shelby created the first LED taillights. They had to prove reliability before they could be considered street legal
- Today’s Shelby Cobras come with a VIN from 1964. So you can order a brand new 1964 Cobra. This means you do NOT have to have your car smog checked.
- Shelby had both a heart transplant (1990) and a kidney transplant (1996)
- He created a foundation to help kids waiting for organ transplants.
|A new '1964' Cobra|
My assistant Cher did a wonderful job with the table decorations. She really has a creative touch. While she was setting up, some Japanese tourists walked into the museum. They started taking pictures of the table settings!
It was a wonderful evening. Great food, great cars, and great people. Thanks to everybody who attended.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.